Bespoke Marketing Services
Please send a query email first with some details. There are bound to be projects that I simply don't want to take.
- Paper Consultation ($20 per book) - Send me a link to your book listing, and I'll go through it with a keen eye to figure out what might not be working. You'll get a written report in 1 week with a detailed outline of what can be improved. Most paper consults end up being about 3 - 5 pages long. I want you to get the absolute most value from it, so I won't really bother much saying what I like about your book(s) and web presence, it will basically be a detailed report of what can be improved and how to improve it.
- I only do a couple paper consults each week (they're time consuming), and space has been booking up quickly as of late. Send an email to check for availability.
- "Stuart Thaman's consult service has helped me in figuring out the nuts and bolts of self publishing and marketing my book. Stu's suggestions are concise and actionable, and his specific, concrete examples of what to look for in each of his review categories are great. One would be well served by using Stu's consult services." -Nathan Jones, author of the Best Laid Plans series
- Skype Consultation ($40 for the first hour, $25 / hour after that) - I'll walk you through everything. Any number of books, any number of authors. Just give me at least a week's notice so I can do some research and get some materials together. As above, I'll look at everything. If you have a marketing plan, send it as well, and I'll see if we can't improve it. If I don't think I can offer enough to really make it worth your while, I'll let you know and you will not be charged.
- AMS ad generation ($15 per ad) - I'll make your AMS ads. You'll have to add me on your AMS dashboard, and then just tell me how many ads you want. Each ad will have between 900 and 1000 (the limit) keywords relevant to your book and genre, designed to make you money. Caveat Emptor: I can (obviously) make no warranty as to the results of the ad. If I could mind control customers, I'd be doing it. If an ad gets no traction in sales, that's on you to fix. Luckily, I have a free guide to AMS ads as well.
- My advice: once you have your ads set up and get a couple weeks of data to analyze, I recommend terminating all the ads and then making a new one with a very small amount of keywords. Use the best ad copy, then only import the keywords that brought in sales. That way you can make a super-charged ad with only keywords you know are effective. Of course, I'd be happy to do that for you as well.
- Bookmark design ($25) - Need some bookmarks for a live event? Send me a high res file of your cover and all your links, and I'll get a .pdf for you to send to the printer. I like UPrinting for all my own bookmarks, and the files will be optimized for that platform, but they should work wherever.
- Book Review (free / $15) - Check out the details page for more info, and please read some of my reviews (found under the Book Reviews tab at the top) in your genre to see if I would like your book in the first place.
- Blurb Writing ($26 per book) - Need a killer blurb? Firstly, there's a free guide to blurb writing in my marketing series. Check that out, and then if you still want me to try my hand, here's the service: I'll write 3 blurbs for you, explain the merits of each blurb, and you can then do whatever you like with them. Pick your favorite, mix and match lines, use them as a launching point to write your own, etc. Each blurb will fit in with top-selling blurbs in your genre and be laden (if possible) with searchable keywords.
- Writing blurbs takes quite some time. Especially if you order more than one at a time, please know that it could take 2 - 4 weeks. Also, the demand for blurbs has been high. Prices have already risen once, and they're likes to rise again in the fall of 2018.
Order 3 or more different services (in any quantity), and you'll receive 10% off your order. Example: 1 paper consult, 2 blurbs, and 3 AMS ads would cost $105.30, saving you $11.70! Ordering 5 AMS ads and no other services would not meet the criteria of the sale.